HP Pavilion Ubunu 11.04 problems with Screen Brightness and Beats Audio

   Question:   

I have a new HP Pavilion DV6 6119tx notebook. My configuration is as follows:

intel core i5 2410
4gb ram
1gb ati 6490m switchable graphics

I am running ubuntu 11.04. I am facing two issues.

1) I cannot change the screen brightness. when i press the function keys for brightness i can see the slider moving at the top right corner of the screen but there is no actual change in the screen brightness. i have tried googling but so far have not found a solution.

2) my notebook has HP Beats audio with 4 speakers ( 2 near the screen and 2 at the front). but in ubuntu the front 2 speakers are not working.


   Solution:   

This solved it for me - https://launchpad.net/~kamalmostafa/+archive/ubuntu/linux-kamal-mjgbacklight

Just add the ppa to your software sources and update.

Regarding beats audio, if you choose connector as 'analog speakers' in output tab of sound preferences, you'll get output from all four speakers.

No comments:

Post a Comment